Tuesday, January 1, 2013

(Dreaming of) Nantucket in January

This winter, I have been re-reading a bunch of books by Elin Hilderbrand. They are all set in Nantucket (where I have never been) and served as a great escape for me, especially during the craziness of December. Here are some of the ones I really enjoy. 


After reading them, I decided that I really want to visit Nantucket in the next year or so. Realistically, I have to start putting aside money now if that's going to happen. However, between Hilderbrand's descriptions and pictures like this one, I feel pretty certain that a trip there will be worth some preemptive penny-pinching. 

(Picture from Nantucket Preservation Trust website, http://www.nantucketpreservation.org/events/walking-tour)

In the meantime, I think I'll treat myself to some Chilean peonies from Whole Foods to brighten up my apartment. They may not be climbing down the roof of my apartment building, but they definitely bring some cheer to cold winter days! 



No comments:

Post a Comment