Thursday, January 3, 2013

Gimme That Mug! (Cath Kidston Edition)

When I lived in my sorority house my junior year of college, I decided that my bedding would basically consist of different floral patterns thrown together. It would be my version of shabby chic! Because I am me, I also had approximately eight million blankets.
I recall one of my sorority sisters was slightly repulsed by my decorating scheme (her design aesthetic was more minimalist.) However, I happily remained surrounded by what multiple people deemed "the florals."
I first saw Cath Kidston mugs at the (very sadly) no-longer-existent Georgetown Barnes and Noble several years ago. I took two home because they made me happy. I was drinking my coffee out of one of them this morning and it really was the nicest thing.
Now that Dude and I live together, our apartment has floral/colorful accents mixed with more subdued pieces. This may be a somewhat generous/intentionally broad description; our apartment has lots of IKEA pieces from our college days mixed with some "grown-up" stuff. I don't know how much longer we'll be living here, but I will lovingly describe it as eclectic.
Going back to the beginning of this post, I guess the part of me that adores floral patterns is still  alive and well. Some people may not enjoy them as much as I do (my fiance is still perplexed that I like mixing mugs and plates in different patterns) but a riotous collection of florals will always make me smile. Call it shabby chic, "old lady", whatever...all I know is that as long as the florals make me smile, especially in small pieces like mugs, they'll be sticking around.
P.S. You can find these and other mugs at http://www.cathkidstonusa.com/searchadv.aspx?SearchTerm=mug.
P.P.S. I think a mug stuffed with the recipient's favorite candy and a gift card to one of her favorite places would be a terrific gift!

Gimme That Mug! (2)


Cath Kidston - Strawberry Crush Mug
$8.15 - cathkidston.co.uk


Cath Kidston
cathkidstonusa.com


Cath Kidston
cathkidstonusa.com


Cath Kidston
cathkidstonusa.com


Cath Kidston
cathkidstonusa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment