Friday, January 18, 2013

DC Restaurants, Florida Nails.

A little bird has started to warn me about the horrifying inconvenience that the Inauguration will bring. No way to get out to Virginia, no way to get into DC. Crowds everywhere. And I have to say, it is slightly disconcerting living in Foggy Bottom, where there are Port-a-Potties on the corners and my favorite Starbucks will be removing all of its tables due to the anticipation that it will be standing room only this weekend.

I was happy and surprised that a quick peruse on OpenTable showed that the city's restaurant scene remains intact. A search for two people for Saturday dinner showed that so many amazing restaurants have room. Some of the usual suspects are virtually impossible, such as Bourbon Steak at the Four Seasons in Georgetown and Old Ebbitt Grill.

Here are some of my favorite options with availability:








In a move that has nothing to do with food, I am loving coral nail polish that is half Barbie and half Boca Raton grandma. It is just sassy and fun and makes January a little less gloomy. Here are some of my favorite shades. 


Wishing everyone a wonderful Inauguration weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment