Sunday, December 30, 2012

Will You Be My Quasi-Valentine? (Or, Early Spring Transition)

Let me begin this post by saying I am in no way, shape, or form sponsored or compensated by Old Navy or Gap, Inc. I am just a lucky gift card recipient.

With that said, it was lovely to receive a $25 gift card to Gap. I have been trying to cut down on extraneous purchases for a variety of reasons. The most prominent of these, aside from general life experiences, is travel.

According to Gap's website, you can spend a Gap gift card at Gap OR Athleta, Piperlime, Banana Republic, or Old Navy. So, when I received money that I could spend at a store I love for great little inexpensive accents, I was very happy indeed.

I checked out Old Navy's website and found a bunch of items I really loved. The ones I chose to feature have a fun, sort of off-kilter Valentine's day/quirky early spring feel to them.

The heart scarf and red satchel are really fun for Valentine's Day (which is also my birthday) but I feel like they are restrained enough to be worn together or separately at other times. Plus, the bag would fit a nook e-reader, so it won me over quickly.

The lobster tote and blue striped tee are just fun. They remind me weirdly of the Taylor-Swift-Conor-Kennedy phase. I would add dark skinny jeans and accessorize depending on the weather (my shoe of choice would be tan Rainbow flip flops.)

I adore the green dress and scarf. I would wear the dress walking around in Florida with Rainbows too! For DC time, I would add a cozy sweater, the adorable key scarf, brown tights, and brown Frye boots. This outfit is making me giggle because the DC version reminds me very much of a girl I work with--she does a really good job of mixing preppy style with slightly edgier pieces.

It will be tough to pick out which pieces I'll wear most out of the ones below...but it sure will be fun!

Will You Be My Quasi-Valentine? (Or, Early Spring Transition)

No comments:

Post a Comment