Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cheese Plate for Dummies

When the dude and I visited Vegas for Thanksgiving, I realized that I had nothing to bring to his grandma and great-aunt's house for the actual meal. We weren't staying with them, so I thought it would be nice to bring some food.

We were staying in a condo with a refrigerator, so we grabbed a couple of different kinds of cheese and some circular wheat crackers at Target the day before Thanksgiving. We refrigerated the cheese and brought it and the crackers over for the meal the next day. Dude's grandma and great aunt gave me a small serving tray to work with, so I just did my thing and got the platter together (got the platter together actually means cut my finger and proceeded.)

A significant segment of the guests were from Wisconsin, and the platter went over great (it was especially popular during the football game.)

This is the exact cheese I used, with the exception of the white cheddar (I used a different brand, probably because it was the first block of white cheddar that I saw.) The exact crackers I used are shown below, too.




Finally, if I hadn't been in Vegas, I might have purchased a platter for myself. This one from Target is clean, simple, and very well-priced.



Now that I am meandering into the adult world, it's comforting to know that I can throw something together pretty quickly and have it be nice and something that people actually like to eat. I must give credit to my mom, who is always quick to offer me and the dude cheese and crackers when we collapse upon our arrival at her apartment in West Palm Beach. It is a really sweet and welcoming gesture and I'm glad I'll be able to share it with friends and family in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment