Thursday, December 13, 2012

Holiday Survival Guide: Part 2

We have returned from our trip...a day later than planned, but in one piece and with our luggage intact.
The items below helped maintain my sanity as well, in both Florida and Wisconsin. (Our time spent on airplane runways was pretty questionable.)
The flats worked in both destinations, especially because the weather was pretty mild (by Wisconsin standards) in Milwaukee. They also helped me look somewhat pulled together when we met with our cake vendor in Florida.
The watch is actually fun to wear--I've had it for about a year and love it. It's nice to look at a watch instead of jostling through my bag for my phone.
Speaking of bags, my orange Kate Spade bag (very similar to the one shown) kept me organized, especially in Wisconsin. It also fit into my small Vera Bradley travel duffel and weirdly served as a notebook/file/iPad/magazine organizer. If it works, it works.
Finally, the trip was fueled by plenty of Starbucks. We met my dad there for breakfast twice when we were in Florida, and I believe that the dude's family has finally accepted that $5 beverages in the morning make me a more pleasant person to be around. On a serious note, we really did have an awesome time in Wisconsin. As the dude pointed out, sometimes I have a lot less to be nervous about than I think I do.
Next up, hopefully posted within the next several days: tips for successful travel recovery.

Holiday Survival Guide: Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment