Thursday, December 27, 2012

Almost NYE

And at the top of my list of resolutions is not doing this. 


I have the privilege of having terrific, inspring friends. They work for amazing (occasionally government) organizations. They have multiple jobs and are able to run retail establishments while maintaining their mental stability. Some of them are LAWYERS, for crying out loud!!

While I have so much love in my life, I can't help but compare myself careerwise. I have a Master's...but I don't know if I want to work in my field. I also work two jobs...but I feel like they're not enough. I never took off between grad school and undergrad. Maybe that was a mistake for me.

At the same time, I realize that looking at other people and envying their jobs is not going to help me move forward. I have to actually sit and take time and think about what I want. The process can't be sped up, and this is challenging for me because I am both impatient and practical. I need to have a job while I figure my stuff out. However, I need to search for a job with more permanence than those I've had in the past couple of years.

So here is my plan.

Save money with the help of things like this...


Work small amounts from home while contemplating what I want in the long term using this...


And celebrate occasionally with my amazing fiance, family, and friends, at places and with outfits that are TBD. 

This is a good place for me to start...and best wishes for a happy and healthy 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment