Monday, April 15, 2013

Unique Vases and Countdown to Mom

When I was in Florida, my mom and I had an afternoon for shopping and running errands in Palm Beach Gardens. The Gardens Mall is one of those things that is my childhood in the best way possible.
When we were at Bloomingdale's, my mom showed me these awesome vases. I love them precisely because they are so not me: very minimalist and edgy in contrast to the flowery, vintagey feeling that pervades a lot of my personal and (attempted) home decorating style. 


(Rosenthal, Available at Bloomingdale's, $35 each)


Speaking of my mom, I'm very fortunate that she'll be in DC for a couple of days starting tomorrow. We have a couple of appointments and hopefully will be able to check out the last of the cherry blossoms. I'm trying to think of some fun places to take her where we haven't been before. Although it's not very unique, maybe we'll do a movie night--somehow the thought of seeing the awesomely horrible Olympus Has Fallen with her commentary sounds like the best thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment