Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekend Fun/Casual Date Night

Like most people, I love weekends for a variety of reasons. 
When I was in high school, they meant: seeing my friends outside of school, Saturday morning debate tournaments, and morning Starbucks with my dad.
Since I've gotten older, weekends have meant a bunch of different things. Right now, they mean: seeing more of Dude, grocery and other shopping trips, and going out to dinner. 
Currently, one of the less endearing parts of my weekend schedule is that I wake up (unintentionally) at around 6 AM. I read for an hour and then begin my day at 7. I think it is just because I have a lot on my mind, but it is still pretty weird. 
As much as I love fashion and home design, I am very much a jeans and T-shirt girl. Most days, my only makeup is lip balm. 
Dude and I decided to get a quick dinner out at Vapiano near Dupont Circle. It was sublime and exactly what we needed. 
I thought it was most appropriate to put in a little extra effort for our excursion. In addition to lip balm, there was this...


and this. 


Finally, there was my outfit. I was especially happy because I was able to fit into these awesome jeans again. 

Old Navy Scarf and Button Down. Rag & Bone Jeans. Vince Camuto Flats. Vintage Louis Vuitton Bag. David Yurman and Tiffany & Co. Bracelets. My own engagement ring. Tiny pearl studs from Dude that are hidden by my giant hair. 

I am really looking forward to today...coffee time with my dear friend, dropping off some stuff at Goodwill (hooray one bedroom apartment purging!) and making grocery shopping (which i still really don't like doing, but such is life) a little sweeter by purchasing some fresh flowers to make me smile during the week. 

I hope many of your Sundays are filled with general happiness and also Eggs Benedict, because it is just terrific. 

No comments:

Post a Comment