Sunday, February 3, 2013

Skin Products and Progress

It's almost four months to our wedding, and I was reading my new Cosmo with Miley on the cover last night when I saw the following blurb: 


Here is a brief history of my skin and the stuff I'm using now. (DISCLAIMER:  I have sensitive skin and these products worked for me, but I would strongly encourage anyone who wants to use these products to consult with a dermatologist or aesthetician. I am in no way, shape or form an authority on skin care!) 

Last year, I realized that my acne scars were present enough that they needed to be dealt with. I have sensitive skin, so I added Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Moisturizer to my "regimen" of washing my face twice a day. That made a noticeable difference. 

Then, I read Carly (College Prepster)'s post about her skin care regimen and decided to try the Clean and Clear Persa-Gel 10 that she recommended. It is awesome and I had a really similar experience to hers--a little goes a very long way. I use it at night to smack down any zits that are trying to creep on my face.

I was super happy to find that my beloved Neutrogena grapefruit face wash is now made in handy wipe form. I use them in the morning and at night. They feel so good and cool and they make it impossible to be lazy--I am swiping something across my face for about 15 seconds. That, I can manage.

So after seeing the thing about glycolic peels in Cosmo, I was interested. Not interested enough to look for a dermatologist (I keep remembering when Samantha had a chemical peel in Sex and the City and that was kind of scary), but definitely looking for something I could do at home. 

The glycolic peel system I found can be seen in the picture below. 


Joined by the skin products I mentioned before and a headband and black skinny hair bands to restrain my hair, here are the two steps in the Skin Effects Glycolic Peel Kit. I got it at CVS after checking it out online. I just did it for the first time and it is really simple, which is necessary for me. I swipe the glycolic pad over my face, wait one minute (hence the iPhone timer) and swipe the soothing pad on my face. I let it dry and follow with the Neutrogena moisturizer. You definitely feel the glycolic pad doing its thing--it is very tingly in a good way. You are supposed to use it three times a week or as recommended by a doctor, so I am spreading my three times out.

When I do something like this, I have to force myself to stick to it. Having it in my planner is necessary for me--I also just really, really love checking boxes and at least I'll be enjoying DC's Restaurant week! 


So thank you, Cosmo, for encouraging me to up my skin game. If I feel brave enough, I might post before and after pictures in a couple of weeks. No need to worry--my lovely slouchy headband will be included!

No comments:

Post a Comment