Monday, February 11, 2013

Hello, Prabal.

Yesterday morning, I persuaded Dude to head to Target "for 10 minutes" to check out Prabal Gurung's line for the store. It wasn't too crazy (we were there around 10 AM, before our usual Sunday bagel run) and we found the display pretty quickly.

I had seen most of the clothes in a lookbook I saw on Pinterest and had also seen a skirt I loved in the March issue of Lucky magazine, so I had a pretty good idea of what I was interested in.

I liked a lot of the dresses, but the silhouette of many of the ones I tried on was just not meant to work on me. These dresses had a boat neck and a full skirt, and my figure (big chest, smaller waist, butt that I like but is very much present, 5'4) did not want to play. I tried on an equally poofy skirt, it looked weird, and I moved on.

I had the best luck with the Pebble Racerback Tank Top and the Lace Overlay Top, shown below.


The Racerback Top comes in several colors, but I liked this coral hue. I'm looking forward to wearing it  with my dark jeans and metallic Jack Rogers sandals this summer.

I grabbed the lace overlay top on our way out and figured I could try it on at home and return it if it didn't work. I have a pretty low threshold when it comes to shopping, and I was done. (We didn't even look at the shoes, accessories, or jewelry.) I gingerly tried on the shirt at home and to my delight, it FIT and it looked beautiful. It brought such a smile to my face and made me feel terrific. I'm thinking about wearing it with jeans and black heels for my birthday.

I always love a good Target collaboration (I still have my Liberty of London dishes, bowls and tote, and I've written about some of my favorite items from the Neiman Marcus collection.) I'm really happy that I checked this one out, and I'm glad that my budget, our apartment's very limited closet space, and the way the clothes fit me allowed me to come out with two tops that I really like and that I'll actually wear. The collection's bright colors, pretty patterns, and colored lace were style elements that I love and certainly hope to see more of this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment