Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pre-Fall

I just can't help it. Coming from a pretty much seasonless place, I get excited for fall when the slightest hint of it (nice weather, Back to School everything, etc.) creeps in. Here are some little hints that I hope get you in the mood for changing leaves, pumpkin spice, boots, sweaters, and more.


Gorgeous Hartmann Luggage from One Kings Lane--my parents had it and some of it got passed down to me. This also reminds me of my first day of classes my freshman year at GW, to which I wore a pleated skirt, some kind of T-shirt, and a tweed blazer. In my enthusiasm I failed to check the weather and realize it was about 90 degrees outside. I guess I just really wanted to feel that college spirit! 


Starbucks is bringing back the Pumpkin Spice Latte September 6 (when I am feeling super indulgent, the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino is also awesome/tastes like liquid pumpkin pie.) Right now, they're hosting games on their Facebook page--the city with the most points gets the beverage a week before everyone else! 


I got this bag from a Kate Spade sale over the spring. (Picture courtesy of Polyvore.) It is super functional and just the right size for adventures through the city--since we moved to Tenleytown, I have been taking the bus and Metro a lot more. I can't wait to wear it with skinny jeans, boots, and a scarf and chunky sweater layered over a t-shirt. 

I was creeping around on the Metro with Dude on our way to the movies yesterday, and the bag served as a backdrop to an incomplete arm party. I want to add a couple more (not too heavy) bracelets to make it really festive. 


Wishing everyone a terrific Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment