Thursday, August 22, 2013

August Went Somewhere

Whoa, August.
This month has been insane--lots of fun events with friends, setting up stuff for fall, and the most dominating event--a move that required lots of deep breaths and an unexpected u-haul but was ultimately triumphant.

Dude and I are getting settled into our new place and are confident that it will look like home soon. I have a surgery planned in mid-September and because I am a very lucky Jewish child my mom will be coming to take care of me for several days after. Numerous one-liners and love and her tolerating my neuroses will abound.

Speaking of settling into our new apartment, MOVING IS EXPENSIVE. Worth it, but expensive. Dude and I have budgeted for it, but it still is less than thrilling to fork over chunks of money for various pieces of furniture. Being a newlywed, managing my money is very important to me--there are notebooks and spreadsheets galore. One of my very best girlfriends just started a blog called Save Money, Enjoy Life. She is such a role model in life in general, but she is awesome to talk to about juggling finances. I can't wait to incorporate a bunch of her tips into my money management process!

In the midst of creeping on Target's website for apartment things we actually need, I have been very distracted by combat and riding boots. I hope fall gets here VERY soon! I got a pair of the combat boots below--they are the Target version of the Steve Madden Troopa. I wanted to try out a less expensive pair before I committed to the real thing. I might have to do the same with the riding boots below, which are Target's version of the Frye Melissa Button Riding Boot. (And being from Florida, it seems insane for me to pay almost $350 for a pair of boots--but to each her own.)





I hope everyone is having a great week so far and I promise to post more in the weeks ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment