Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Smart(er) Travel

Holiday travel time is rapidly approaching, and the dude and I will be heading to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving and Palm Beach and Milwaukee to spend some pre-holiday time with our families. The Palm Beach/Milwaukee trip will be especially challenging for me in terms of efficiency because we'll be traveling directly from a very cold place to a very warm place.
Another complicating factor is that I don't have very much patience for checked luggage, so I will be condensing a lot and am hoping to use only carry-ons.
A neutral carry-on that won't cause back problems for me (I love the Vera Bradley small duffel, but the large one is way too cumbersome for me once I inevitably overstuff it) and a bright carry on that will easily slip under the seat in front of me are the key pieces. Other great pieces: a purse that pops easily into the aforementioned carry-on and will serve as an everyday bag while traveling, a bright jewelry case so I can easily spot my jewelry without having a panic attack about losing it, and a pair of TOMS in a neutral color that are comfortable and easy to slide on and off during security checks.
Let's hope that these ideas and items will keep my winter travels somewhat more streamlined!


Smart(er) Travel

No comments:

Post a Comment