Monday, November 12, 2012

Polished Planning: Slide 1

So, wedding planning weekend #1 is done and a dress has been purchased--success!
The lesson I learned was that it is often very difficult to execute the the perfect outfit, however well planned, under stressful circumstances.
My mom, fiance, and I did so much running around between DC and different parts of Northern Virginia that I didn't exactly feel like changing into my cap-toe heels for dinner, nor would it have made sense in terms of time and Georgetown's challenging parking situation.
I ended up wearing a lot of soft undershirts, some of them belonging to my fiance, layered with sweaters (also belonging to my fiance...whoops.) My very favorite undershirt, which I've been wearing quite a lot of recently, is the Alternative Apparel burnout tank. It is ridiculously soft and comfortable and can be worn out layered under a great sweater just as easily as it can be worn it with my favorite pajama bottoms. I would layer two of them to go out and jazz them up a bit with some druzy dangly earrings. The colors are still soft and druzy is a great element that is both earthy and sparkly.
Finally, something I will be sharing with my friends who are planning weddings or will be in the future is the need for a "schlepping bag." This is a bag that is relatively inexpensive and durable (so you don't feel bad beating it to death) and that has has some modicum of style but still has enough room to hold everything you need for your appointments. A few of my essential items were a strapless bra, a sticky backless bra, my wedding planning binder, my iPad, and a bottle of water. This is all in addition to everything I usually take with me--my medicine, a small pouch for lip gloss/balm and mascara, and my wallet, keys, and phone. An extra phone charger certainly won't hurt either. Nor will a great dinner with your co-planners/victims at the end of a busy day.
I'll be sure to keep posting about (my attempts at) semi-streamlined wedding planning. If anything, I expect to be getting some great tips out of this experience!





Polished Planning: Slide 1


Alternative apparel
alternativeapparel.com



Alternative apparel
piperlime.com


No comments:

Post a Comment