Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mom Says...Always Wear Earrings!

I may not always agree with my mom when it comes to style, but I have always agreed with her that pierced ears (especially if you only have one hole in each ear like I do) need to always have earrings in them. I need to have something, no matter how small, in my ears. Otherwise, I feel like I look strange; not to mention, adding earrings is one of the quickest and easiest ways to add polish to a laid-back outfit.

A couple of days ago, I lost a back to the pair of my everyday earrings. I am a creature of habit...perhaps too much so. I literally wear these earrings every single day! Instead of running to pick up a pair of earrings exactly like them, I decided to try and branch out a bit. I picked up a pair of gold pyramid studs and some button earrings similar to the ones below at CUSP. Together, the two pair of earrings cost around $65.

Even though I know I'll go back to my everyday pearls eventually, it's nice to shake things up. I have several events coming up that the blingy button earrings will be perfect for; also, they'll look great with all of my scarves. The pyramid studs will be a great backup basic for when I want to do something a little more exciting than my usual pearls.

Out of the earrings I posted below, I think the hexagonal silver pearl studs are the most interesting. It's nice to be reminded that it can be fun and productive to go outside my comfort zone!


Mom Says...Always Wear Earrings!


Pink earrings
etsy.com


Dara Ettinger rose earrings
maxandchloe.com



Stud earrings
$62 - thegrandsocial.com.au


Golden jewelry
cusp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment